After qualifying as a Solicitor in 2002, I chose to specialise in Employment Law. I was allowed to establish and develop an Employment Law Department, which eventually expanded across seven offices.
Whilst heading this department, I worked for a diverse range of employers of all sizes, which gave me insight into how business leaders and human resources make decisions. This insight has been crucial when representing and negotiating on behalf of individuals, which remains my main motivation and passion.
I now act for individuals exclusively:
- I offer a professional and reassuring approach, where I guide my clients through difficult processes whilst obtaining the best outcome.
- As an expert negotiator, I have a proven track record of deploying exit strategies where clients can leave jobs they are unhappy in with substantial compensation.
- For clients who have already left their jobs, my focus is on getting them compensation quickly, often avoiding the need to commence litigation.
- I have dealt with countless Settlement Agreements, but each agreement remains a top priority, and I turn around the advice efficiently whilst taking steps to ensure my client is obtaining their ideal outcome.
I cover all areas of employment law but have a particular interest and expertise in sexual harassment and race discrimination.
Some outcomes achieved for clients that I am particularly proud of are:
- I negotiated a multiple six figure compensation package in a complex case including loss of earnings, injury to feelings, personal injury and loss of share opportunity.
- I obtained a settlement involving harassment and discrimination on the grounds of race which included a substantial financial package.
- I negotiated a settlement package representing two years’ salary for an employee working out of the jurisdiction and with self-employed status.